- Formulation of a Health and Safety Policy as well as workplace evaluation and risk assessment.
- Assessment of occupational hygiene reports and development of different COP’s.
- Determining minimum standard of fitness for various occupations.
- Fulfilling the role of OMP to comply with section 13 of the MHSA
- Implementation of a medical surveillance system, based on the risk assessment performed.
- Pre-employment, periodical and exit medical examinations according to job specific risks and hazards.
- Radiology, audiology, lung functions, vision screening, laboratory tests and medical examinations for each specific type of employment.
- Integration of medical surveillance findings with hygiene data and records.
- Assistance with Occupational Injuries and Diseases (COIDA) and medically incapacitated policy.
- Feedback to management for implementation of corrective action if indicated.
- Medical record keeping, annual medical reports and walkthrough inspection of the workplace.
PRIMARY HEALTH CARE:
Comprehensive primary health care services are also offered which, amongst others, include nurse-based primary care service and dispensing of drugs according to a formulary.